Elastic search is a search engine, which is open-source, is broadly distributed over the internet, is fast and scalable, and a great big–data solution with analytics of the database. The search result of ElasticSearch is very fast because rather than searching the text or keyword, it searches the index of the file. It searches the text and index files in different formats, which makes it super-fast.
ElasticSearch can search up to thousands of servers simultaneously and collect petabytes of data. This is possible because of its elaborated and distributed structure. Other than only searching the keyword, it can be used in analytics storage, spell checker, alert generator, storing the document, and auto-completing the files.
The advantages of ElasticSearch makes it more important for any business:
- Plenty of search options: This is the single search engine that has multiple search options in it. It has slitting text, customized stemming, faceted search, auto-completion, instant search, fuzzy search, a website search, full-text search, index search, everything in it.
- Date record: ElasticSearch records all changes made while transactions to minimize the chance of data loss.
- Uses RESTful API: ElasticSearch is API dependent, so the results can be performed using a simple RESTful API.
- Distributed approach while searching: Automatically, it will reroute and balance the changes when new documents are added. It’s highly document-oriented.
We have gathered some of its few main and important capabilities which shows its importance to any business and how it helps in the same.
- Full-text search engine: This is built on top of Lucene; Elasticsearch offers wide and most powerful full-text search capabilities and lets one perform and combine many types of searches simultaneously like structured, unstructured, geo, and metric. Wherein the traditions database was not designed like this.
- Analytical Engine: Other than its more popular full-text search, Elasticsearch is used for log analytics, splitting of numerical data such as application and infrastructure based on the performance metrics. This took the faceting search to another level.
- Scalability because of distributing architecture design: It takes many decisions automatically and provides good API management. Scaling is much easier with many other systems, even though large Elasticsearch clusters come with a new set of issues and often require expertise search options. At the time of node failure, it replicates the data to prevent it from data loss.
- Effective investment for any business: The terms and mechanics of Elasticsearch are quite easy to understand, best for the relatively small data set-up and small deployment.
- Mind-blowing ecosystem: It has one of the well-documented APIs. The availability of these APIs made it easy for any developer to integrate them and work on them. And the Elasticsearch support helps any business to opt for this search engine to their organization. It is compatible with many languages.
These are some of the points to understand the importance of Elastic search. And there are many Elasticsearch Consulting services available that do all these services for the organization.